About the Lake Wilderness Preservation Association or (LWPA)
- To improve and promote the safety, health and environment of
Lake Wilderness and its watershed.
- To increase the community’s awareness of the ecology of Lake
Wilderness and its watershed.
- Be a reliable source of factual information for the community
and government agencies.
- Act to help preserve native wildlife in and around the lake.
- Conduct regularly scheduled consistent measurements of lake
- Report lake conditions to various government agencies, request
appropriate actions, and follow-up on the agencies response.
- On lake issues only, provide the Lake Wilderness Community with
a stronger voice at the city, county, and state levels of
- Inform the Lake Wilderness Community of government
issues/projects that may have impact on the lake.
- Provide education for lake users and the community.
- Perform annual clean-ups in and around the lake.
- Assist and support governmental agencies by supplying facts,
making requests, and supplying volunteer support for projects at
- Assist with mapping treatment locations and problem areas by
surveying the lake.
- Encourage and assist in scientific studies of the lake.
Join the Lake Wilderness Preservation
© 2011 LWPA All Rights Reserved